Please note that all applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK – Sponsorship is not available.
*Please read the full job advert before applying – there is a writing assessment that you are required to complete as part of your application. Applicants who do not complete this assessment will not be considered.*
Barings Law is a busy multi-disciplinary legal practice based in Manchester city centre.
We provide a professional, personalised service for private and commercial clients and we are building a reputation as one of the city’s leading law firms.
With the combined areas of specialism offered by our representatives, Barings Law is qualified to provide high-quality legal advice and guidance for consumers and corporate clients.
Our areas of practice include, but are not limited to, cases of financial mis-selling, business interruption insurance, personal injury, consumer rights and group litigation, data breaches, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and winding-up petitions.
We are looking for a content writer to join our team and provide constant, fresh, and insightful copy for our websites and marketing materials based at our Manchester head office.
We offer full training and ongoing support for our colleagues and provide a great working environment as well as good prospects for future development within the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out thorough industry research
- Planning an editorial calendar
- Publishing in line with the editorial calendar
- Compiling blog posts and articles on our websites
- Coordinating with our PR firm with monthly press releases
- Writing internal communications to our teams
- Proofreading documentation
- Assisting with occasional social media post copy
- Updating and creating website copy as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter, or journalist
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience of conducting research
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (ideally WordPress and Elementor)
- Excellent writing and editing skills – you’re in charge of your own workload
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ideally: Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
What could be better to test the skills of a content writer, but a short content writing submission?
Please pick two of the following questions and submit your responses as part of your cover letter. Each answer should be no longer than 300 words.
Question 1: Why should law firms keep legal technology at the forefront of their innovation expenditure?
Question 2: What are the key elements to consider when trying to boost staff morale in a post-COVID environment?
Question 3: How can law firms generate more qualified leads? Is a shift in mindset necessary?