Barings Law is a multi-disciplinary law firm offering bespoke services for both consumers and corporate clients. Whatever your situation, we have the best solicitors available to fight our client’s corners.
We are proud to offer a range of services for both individuals and businesses. Every client is unique to us and we ensure that we work with them to achieve the best result possible.
Personal injury, financial mis-selling claims, consumer rights, data breaches, and group litigation are just a few of the areas we are able to help our clients. That’s why we need a strong and able team to be able to deliver for our clients.
As a result, we are currently looking to recruit a Solicitor to join our ever-expanding team, who will be based out of our Manchester Head Office.
Do you want to help people whilst working for a respectable law firm? If yes, then this is the opportunity for you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with financial mis-selling claims
- Maintain client records and contact information, via our Case Management systems
- The progression of financial mis-selling claims from inception until settlement including litigated matters.
- Preparation and submission of claims/complaints to FCA members, brokers, and the FOS / FSCS and, ultimately, the issuing of proceedings.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of financial mis-selling claims and a general litigation background.
- Good working knowledge of the CPR or consumer credit/financial mis-selling
- At least one year of litigation experience
- An efficient and reliable output of work
- Proven track record of handling caseloads
- Have excellent communication skills
- The ability to maintain professional conduct at all times
- Time-management skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Punctuality and a smart, professional appearance
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in group litigation
- Law degree or alternative equivalent
What you will receive:
- Perfect city centre location in brand new, modern offices
- Fantastic laid back and professional environment
- Excellent ongoing training and support
- Great opportunities for career progression and development
If you are an individual who is motivated and this sounds like the role for you, apply today.