Barings Law is a busy multi-disciplinary legal practice based in Manchester city centre.
We provide a professional, personalised service for private and commercial clients and we are building a reputation as one of the city’s leading law firms.
With the combined areas of specialism offered by our representatives, Barings Law is qualified to provide high-quality legal advice and guidance for consumers and corporate clients.
Our areas of practice include, but are not limited to, cases of financial mis-selling, business interruption insurance, personal injury, consumer rights and group litigation, data breaches, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and winding-up petitions.
Due to a period of unprecedented expansion, we are looking to recruit a paralegal for our team, based at our Manchester head office.
Your new role will see you handle Business Energy Claims or Undisclosed Commissions cases which are like PPI/Plevin Claims. Ideally, you will have gained experience in the area of financial mis-selling and be eager to take on more responsibility and progress in your career. You will work closely with supervisors and partners within the firm on the cases, whilst being a good team player.
We offer full training and ongoing support for our colleagues and provide a great working environment as well as good prospects for future development within the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and editing client correspondence.
- Dealing with client queries in person or via telephone.
- Maintaining client records and contact information.
- Providing support for solicitors by ensuring that all paperwork is authorised appropriately and within agreed timescales.
- Undertaking administrative tasks such organising and maintaining original documents, photocopying, scanning and filing documents, completing forms and producing correspondence.
The successful candidate must have:
- A law degree (LLB, BA, MSc).
- One year’s relevant experience in a paralegal role.
- The ability to establish priorities and manage deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The motivation to work alone and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to the working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing manner.
- High level of accuracy and very strong attention to detail, a target-driven personality.
What you will receive:
- Basic salary between £20,000 to £25,000 plus bonuses (DOE)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A role in a sought-after city-centre location in brand new, modern offices with a fantastic laid-back and professional environment.
- Excellent ongoing training and support.
- Continued opportunities for career progression and personal development.
- Dress Down Fridays
- Company Events including weekly company updates.
- Monthly Payday chocolates
If you are passionate about a career in law, apply today with your CV and a brief covering letter.